For those of you who haven't heard (or haven't believed us) we were goat ranchers this past summer. Alan had roughly 170 goats on a weed project. Guess who his hired help was??? Thats right. Me, and of course Bev was always willing to come help out! I will have you all know that I learned to put up a pretty decent electric fence. Our goat project taught us many things such as; you can transport three trouble making goats from Logan to Burley tied in the bed of the pickup truck. Now that the dust, the time taken to check on them, the time taken to keep them out of neighboring fields, and the time taken to move them, working with them until 10, 11, or even midnight, and all the other fun things that go with caring for animals are nothing more than distant memories, I can say that it was a great experience! I may even be willing to do it once more! The following pictures are a tribute to Bev being a good sport throughout our goat adventure. The second picture has got to be one of my favorite pictures this summer!
It is getting late and I am getting tired so I will end with these pictures The first one is Alan and I at Emily's wedding. Aren't we cute? The second picture is proof that amongst scholastic triumphs I am also triumping in the kitchen.... occasionally. I learned to make bagels. They are not pretty, but they sure are good (and cheap!)
5 comments:
Congratulations on the test! And thanks for posting.
I'm so happy you posted because now I know that you really had goats. Proof. And good job on the test. I'm glad you did well!! Good job! See you in a month. CAN'T WAIT!!!
22 days to be exact
Love the picture of Beverly.. My favorite also... AND good job on the test..I was overwhelmed just helping you with the cards.
Wow, those were some crazy goats. Thanks for the memories. Also, CONGRATS!
Post a Comment